Sunday, August 31, 2008

All in a days work







Yesterday was quite an adventure in shopping. I'm a little surprised that I made it through with only 3 hours sleep! I tagged along with Stacy, Jake, and Ruby Kate to scope out the puppies at Petco and some bedding fabric. Our first stop was Petco only to find out that the puppies would not be there until 1:00. So, we decided to go to look at fabric and grab a bite to eat at Chili's. Delicious! I think that Jake was so excited to pick out a puppy that he could hardly think about anything else, but he was a good sport while we bided our time. Finally it was 1:00 and we headed back to Petco. It didn't take long for Jake to realize which puppy was for him, but the process took what seemed like an hour. I was so glad that I was able to be a part of that special experience. I was tempted to take one home myself, but I was warned by Jeff ( who knows me all to well) "not to bring home a darn dog, because we have two pets and one growing in there (pointing to my stomach)."

Later, I was at the mall when the power went out! We decided to leave since we didn't know when it would come back on. Only to discover that we were very low on gas and the gas pumps didn't work. Luckily, Wal-mart had a generator. We shopped around there and by the time we came out the pumps were up and running, so we got gas and made it home.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Look at you with your blog all fancy pants and all! I am so glad you came along with us... what a fun day! Honey is such a good puppy. He really did pick the right one. I see you found your black and white swatch. I looked in my truck but obviously, it wasn't there! I am still thinking white crib (either of the two choices from the first crib post) and the black and white bedding with pops of some bright color. The black and white is classic, but the bright colors (pink, green or turqouise) would give it a funky edge. And what do you mean you and Jeff are still discussing the name... do I need to talk to him? Remind him exactly who is carrying and even more, who is DELIVERING the little toot. You get the final call sister!

Tiff said...

I asked Dr. today what he thought of name choices and he voted on Camilla. Jeff says "if there are going to be any more little ones running around they will come directly from his sperm and no one elses! Just remember that!" LOL

Anonymous said...

Awww!!! That greyhound is STILL at nafa?!
I want her so bad.